Moline Zoom Whitening
Zoom® in-office teeth whitening is a popular way to brighten your smile in about an hour. But Dr. Goebel of Moline prefers Opalescence Boost™ to give you a brilliant smile.
How Does Zoom Whitening Work?
The Zoom Whitening process use intense light to help activate the bleaching gel and accelerate the process. The light dehydrates teeth and makes them whiter by the end of your appointment, but the exceptionally whiteness temporary. As your teeth rehydrate over the next few days, they are no whiter than they would be without the light. And the intense light can increase tooth sensitivity.
What Is Opalescence Boost?
Opalescence Boost is an in-office teeth whitening system that works without light acceleration. Here is what you can expect:
- We will retract your cheeks and coat your gums with a protective gel.
- After we rinse and dry your teeth, Dr. Goebel will apply bleaching gel to them.
- We will wait as the gel penetrates your teeth for 20-minute sessions.
- After we suction off the gel and rinse and air-dry your teeth, we will repeat the process twice.
At the end of the whitening treatment, your teeth will sparkle. If you want your teeth even brighter, use the custom bleaching trays and gel we give you, and continue whitening at home. And we will give you a free tube of whitening gel for life—after each dental cleaning appointment.
How Do Zoom and Opalescence Boost Compare?
- After bleaching gel is applied to your teeth, an activation light is used.
- Your teeth are temporarily much lighter because the combination of the gel and light dries them out.
- As your teeth rehydrate over the next few days, your tooth shade will not be as bright.
- The whitening process causes sensitivity in some patients.
- No activation light is used.
- The whitening process does not dry out your teeth.
- Tiny oxygen bubbles during the whitening processes make your teeth extra white. In a few days, your new, white tooth color will stabilize.
- Our patients experience less sensitivity than many people experience with Zoom.
How Long Do the Results Last?
Professional whitening can permanently lighten the natural pigmentation of your teeth. You will do periodic touch-ups to minimize stains and maintain the brightness of your smile.
Interested in Teeth Whitening?
Dr. Goebel will examine your teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy and will not be irritated by the bleaching process. And he will explain the results you can get with Boost whitening. Call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.