Moline Same-Day Crowns
A same-day crown can restore a severely worn or broken tooth—or replace a lost crown—while you wait in the dental office. And the results look natural.
What Is a Same-Day Crown?
A same-day crown is a dental restoration made with in-office CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) technology. At Goebel Family Dentistry, we use CEREC® technology to complete every phase of tooth restoration, from taking digital impressions of your teeth to placing a precisely fitting dental crown.
When Are Same-Day Crowns Used?
If you have a weak, badly worn, cracked, or decayed molar (back) tooth, Dr. Goebel may use a same-day crown to restore it. Our in-office CEREC technology helps us craft a custom crown for you in one visit. The results are fast and natural looking. If you need a front tooth restored, Dr. Goebel prefers working with his ceramist to craft a highly aesthetic crown with a layer of porcelain that perfectly matches the translucence of your natural teeth.
What Is the Process?
Dr. Goebel uses the steps below to restore a tooth with same-day crown:
- Taper your natural tooth to ensure the crown will fit over it
- Use a handheld scanner to take digital impressions of your teeth and create a 3-D model of them
- Transfer the model to the CEREC milling machine
- Choose a ceramic block that closely matches your tooth color and place it in the milling machine
- Use the digital model as a pattern for crafting the block into a precisely fitting crown
- Add finishing touches to ensure the crown looks natural
- Place your same-day crown on your tooth and check your bite
- Bond the crown to your tooth if you approve the way it looks and feels
Same-Day vs. Traditional Crowns
One visit – We will prepare your tooth, take impressions of it, craft the crown, and bond it to your tooth in our office—in one visit. You will not have to wait for a lab to make your crown.
Metal free – Same-day crowns are high-strength ceramic. Unlike porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns, they do not provoke a reaction if you have metal sensitivities. And a dark line from the metal will not eventually show through near your gumline.
How to Take Care of Your Same-Day Crown
Treat your same-day crown like a natural tooth:
- Brush twice daily
- Floss daily
- Avoid biting hard or sharp objects
- Please tell us if you clench your grind your teeth. Dr. Goebel can make a custom night guard for you to wear and protect your teeth while you sleep.
- Keep your dental exam and hygiene appointments
If you are interested in a CEREC same-day crown, call our office for an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.